Competition can be fierce in the real estate business, especially in these uncertain times. One day it’s a seller’s market and the next it’s not. So how do you make sure your home stands out in the marketplace?
While there are a lot of factors beyond a homeowner’s control—such as market conditions and regulatory environment— there are certain things a homeowner can do to maximize opportunity and profit.
Here is a quick list to help you make the most of your selling experience before you even put your home up for sale.
- Ask yourself the important questions – Is now the best time to sell from both a personal and a marketability perspective? How much do I want/need to get in terms of a selling price?
- Prepare yourself to have people in your home. Potential buyers will scrutinize your living space and you should be ready for the feedback.
- Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes and do a thorough walkthrough, critiquing your home from their perspective. Making a few small touch-ups and repairs can make a big impression.
- Clean, de-clutter and de-personalize your home so that prospective buyers can envision living in the space. For a complete listing of areas to consider when making your home look its best, click here.
- Gather paperwork such as utility and tax bills, warranties, property surveys and permits that will answer any questions for a prospective buyer.
- Maximize curb appeal to create a powerful first impression. Here are some good ideas to make your home more inviting, as suggested by MoneyTalksNews.com.
- Interview several realtors before selecting one to represent you. It is important to choose one that specializes in your area and type of home; one that has a solid reputation and valid credentials.
- Consider using the Certified Resale Home service – a pre-listing home inspection backed by an 18-month transferrable warranty to help your home stand out. By understanding what repairs your home needs, you can get in front of potential conditions that can delay or kill a deal. Visit thecertifiedresalehome.ca for more information on how to put FCT’s innovative service offering to work for you.
Do you have any other tips to share? Please comment below!